You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you request additional information about Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24); request tools, resources, and information about events for the blindness community; share a personal experience with Non-24; access various content or features; submit content; or directly contact us with questions or feedback.
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number and information about your interest in Non-24;
- Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
- Health-related information;
- Stories, comments, and other information that you share with us;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information
Use of Information.
Vanda may use information that we collect through the Services to provide you with products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information in accordance with your preferences, and to respond to correspondence that we receive from you. Sometimes, we may use the information that we collect to contact you via e-mail, telephone, or otherwise about medicines that treat Non-24, Vanda, and our products and services; to learn more about your experience with Non-24; or to otherwise provide you with information that might be of interest to you. At your election at any time, you may choose to stop receiving future communications from Vanda ("opt-out;" see below for more information on how to opt-out).
We also may use information that we collect to maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer. For example, Vanda uses information collected automatically to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends, and administer the Services. We also may use information that you provide to customize and personalize your use of the Services and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information.
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, or send communications for us).
- Sharing Your Story with Other Users. Vanda may publish the personal experiences that you share with others via the Services and/or through any of its marketing materials. Unless otherwise agreed by you, Vanda will not use your name or e-mail address when sharing your personal experience in this way. Please note that it is not possible to opt-out of having your personal experience shared in this way after you have submitted the information via the Services. Please do not share your personal experience with Vanda unless you accept the terms of this paragraph.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing.
We take a number of steps to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Vanda cannot ensure the security of any information you provide, and you do so at your own risk.
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent, except as permitted by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
Third Party Sites.
Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Similar Technologies.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, analytics, and providing you with relevant advertisements.
Social Networking Services
Vanda has worked with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you can use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
You may elect to avoid future e-mail communications from Vanda by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your electronic mail address.
Your California Privacy Rights
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
Vanda does not share information that it collects with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.